Friday, May 2, 2008

Ming's Coffee Shop

54 2nd St. * San Francisco, CA

"hey guys, what's for lunch today?" I ask. "MING'S!" (of course, they always want to go to Ming's). My co-workers have this infatuation with Ming's and I don't quite get it. Ming's is a fast food, steam tray, Chinese restaurant. Today was my 2nd time there and I thought I'd give it a review.


"two items" String Bean Tofu + Pepper Pork + 1/2 steamed rice 1/2 chow mein
This was my order. The tofu was alittle bland, I'm also not a huge fan of the starch-ed sauces (think it has to do w/ my upbringing). Not the tender-est string beans eitehr. The Pepper Pork was decent, what you would expect out of a steam tray. My one little gripe is that the chow mein is overly peppered. it was better this time.



"two items" String Bean Tofu + Orange Chicken + steamed rice
This was my co-worker's order. The string bean tofu was the same so i will not re-discuss it (see above). the orange chicken is alittle diff't than panda's orange chicken. the ming's OC has less batter and more meat, hence the smaller pieces. the sauce is also not as sweet. i think i like the ming's OC alil better, but i could go for either depending on my mood.
______________________________________________________

Overall, Ming's is good for a quick bite, but don't expect cleaniness or great service. Be ready to order or the lil ladies behind the counter will shoot you dirty looks.

(apologies. photos taken off of bbphone. so not too clear.)

No comments: