Friday, October 19, 2012

31 Days of Being Where I Am: BART

(Another catch-up post)
Bay Area Rapid Transit...

A lot has been and can be said about BART. I take it as my primary mode of transportation for my commute. Some days it makes me wish I had a job I could drive to in the comforts of my own car. Other days I appreciate that I can hop on and not worry.

You see and experience a lot of interesting (good and bad) things on BART. You see glimpse that humans are still kind and willing to help others. You also see d-bags who probably need a beatin' from their mama (who probably don't beat them which is why they are the way they are...).

There's also the entertaining... or amusing. For instance this guy I saw last Friday.


He was ushered on by a friend at embarcadero. Very inebriated. There were no seats, because by that station during commute hours its a miracle to find a seat. So he stood, then he started losing his footing and falling over. Finally, a few kind people gave up their seats and scooted to make room for him. He then proceeded to knock out in the position as pictured for the rest of the way (about 30 min). We get to Castro Valley and are held up, lo and behold, its because of our dear buddy. A passenger alerted the BART police to come check him out. Took a while for BART police to convince him to deboard the train -- he was one confused fellow! Not sure what happened to him, but probably for his good, he was not in a state to get in a car and drive.


That's it folks, have a great Friday! Hope I'll get a post in this weekend too

No comments: